The Kingdom Chronicler’s office produces the Kingdom newsletter and its supplement every month to a strict deadline. The Kingdom Chronicler also oversees the baronial chroniclers – receiving their monthly newsletters, working with local seneschals to ensure the position is filled, maintaining a warrant roster and ensuring the SCA newsletter policies are followed.
To do this job you need to have some of the following experience:
● Need to be a good user of any desktop publishing program – freeware or commercial (MS Publisher, InDesign, Scribus, Ventura, QuarkXpress)
● ESSENTIAL – reliable electronic communication and computer access. This position is 100% electronic based.
● Must be well organized and able to meet deadlines consistently.
● Need communication and people skills - you are in charge of baronial chroniclers.
● Need good writing and editing skills.
● Need to know how to convert files to pdf.
● Knowledge of the SCA’s publishing requirements and copyright procedures from the Chronicler’s Handbook.
● Knowledge of the calendar and official event prodcedure as defined in Lex Atenveldtus.
● Knowledge of photo editing for print or online readership is helpful
● Understand layout and font usage is helpful.
All letters of intent and resume of relevant experience should be received by June 1st Send your letter to The Crown (firstname.lastname@example.org); Kingdom Seneschal (email@example.com) and Kingdom Chronicler (firstname.lastname@example.org)